- 1 Where is the best place to buy Tahitian pearls?
- 2 How much does a Tahitian pearl cost?
- 3 Where can I buy Tahitian pearls online?
- 4 Are Tahitian pearls worth buying?
- 5 How can you tell if Tahitian pearls are real?
- 6 Where can I buy genuine pearls?
- 7 What makes Tahitian pearls so expensive?
- 8 How do you pick a Tahitian pearl?
- 9 Are old pearls worth anything?
- 10 What is the best color for Tahitian pearls?
- 11 Where can I buy the best pearls in the world?
- 12 What do Tahitian pearls look like?
- 13 What do Tahitian pearls symbolize?
- 14 What do black pearls mean?
- 15 How do you buy quality pearls?
Where is the best place to buy Tahitian pearls?
Pearl shops such as Robert Wan, Tahia Collins or the Tahiti Pearl Market are all recommended places to begin the search for your own perfect Tahitian Pearl!
How much does a Tahitian pearl cost?
Tahitian pearls are exotic, with dark colors. Depending on their size and quality, a strand of Tahitian pearls can cost from $500 to more than $25,000. These magnificent beauties come in a variety of qualities and pearl sizes, as well as some of the most stunning pearl colors.
Where can I buy Tahitian pearls online?
The Best Place to Buy Pearls Online (USA)
- Pure Pearls.
- Pearls of Joy.
- James Allen.
- Pearl Finder.
- Blue Nile.
- The Pearl Source.
- Pearl Paradise.
Are Tahitian pearls worth buying?
Tahitian black pearls have been so highly sought after because they are larger, have a more brilliant luster, and round shapes occur in a higher percentage. Also, far less are produced per oyster than fresh water pearls.
How can you tell if Tahitian pearls are real?
Simply take the pearl, and gently rub it along the surface of your tooth. If the pearls are real, you’ll feel a grittiness similar to sandpaper. In other words, there will be a great deal of friction. If the pearls are fake, on the other hand, it will feel smooth as with plastic or glass.
Where can I buy genuine pearls?
Where to Buy Pearls
- Top 5 Best Places To Buy Pearls.
- Buying Pearls Online (PurePearls.com)
- Buying Pearls on eBay.
- Buying Pearls in a Traditional Jewelry Store.
- Big Box Retail Online(Amazon, Costco & Walmart)
- Buying Pearls From Luxury Retailers.
What makes Tahitian pearls so expensive?
Because Tahitian pearls are bead nucleated many of them are round, or near round, with other shapes expressed in drops, baroques, button and circled pearls. When all other factors are equal, round Tahitian pearls are the most valuable.
How do you pick a Tahitian pearl?
Choosing A Pearl
- Size. Cultured, Tahitian black pearls typically range in size from 7 to 18mm in diameter.
- Quality classifications.
- Nacre thickness. Nacre thickness is the layer of pearly shell that covers a nucleus.
- Color & Luster. Luster heavily influences quality.
- Tahitian Keshi Pearls.
Are old pearls worth anything?
The sad reality is that old, second-hand cultured pearls aren’t worth a lot. There’s no obvious place to sell them and you won’t get much from a jeweller or by putting them on eBay. Our advice is to keep them as a memento or give them to someone who’ll appreciate them.
What is the best color for Tahitian pearls?
The most highly prized Tahitian pearls are those with iridescent peacock and cobalt blue colors. In addition to peacock pearls, rainbows, grays and golds are also incredibly popular. Tahitian Pearl Colors
- Dark green.
- Golden orange.
Where can I buy the best pearls in the world?
The Best Places in the World to Buy Pearls
- Akoya Pearls —Japan. (cnn.com) Akoya pearls are arguably the most recognizable types of pearls in the world.
- Tahitian Pearls —Tahiti. (triplisher.com)
- South Sea Pearls —Australia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. (thenational.ae)
What do Tahitian pearls look like?
Tahitian pearls come in a range of colors from white to black. They can contain various undertones and overtones of green, pink, blue, silver and yellow. The most valuable of these are of the darker variety, as the naturally dark tones of the Tahitian pearls is a unique quality among pearls.
What do Tahitian pearls symbolize?
What Does Tahitian Pearl Mean? In Tahitian legend, the Polynesian god Lono came down to earth on a rainbow for a princess, bringing black pearls as a gift with him. The god offered it to the princess as a token of his undying love and affection.
What do black pearls mean?
Black pearls are often associated with everlasting love and therefore are an ideal symbolic gift to a loved one. Legend has it that Oro, a Polynesian god of fertility and peace, gifted a black pearl to his beloved. Even today, this view that a black pearl symbolizes love persists.
How do you buy quality pearls?
Pearl Quality Factors The combination of surface brilliance and a deep-seated glow, the luster of a good- quality cultured pearl should be bright, not dull. Your reflection should be seen clearly on the surface of a cultured pearl.