- 1 What is perfect pearls made of?
- 2 What is the difference between perfect pearls and pearl ex?
- 3 Can you use perfect pearls in resin?
- 4 Can you emboss with perfect pearls?
- 5 How do you seal perfect pearls?
- 6 Are perfect pearls Mica?
- 7 Can I use liquid pearls in resin?
- 8 What is mica powder?
- 9 Can you use Pearl Ex in epoxy?
What is perfect pearls made of?
Perfect Pearls are pigment powders made up of fine granules of mica with a built in resin and binder. Therefore you can use them on your paper projects wet or dry. These powders give gorgeous shimmery effects.
What is the difference between perfect pearls and pearl ex?
The difference is Perfect Pearls is made with a “binder” so that you can add water to make paint. You would need to add a binder to the Pearl Ex powders if you wanted to use them as paint. The difference is Perfect Pearls is made with a “binder” so that you can add water to make paint.
Can you use perfect pearls in resin?
Create dazzling pearlescent effects with Perfect Pearls ™ and Perfect Medium™. Specially developed with a built-in resin, Perfect Pearls ™ Pigments are easy to use wet or dry. Mix with watercolors, inks, acrylic paints, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel™, embossing powders, and other mediums for radiant results!
Can you emboss with perfect pearls?
It’s easy to paint or color with wet Perfect Pearls using a paint or water brush. To achieve beautiful pearlescent colored images, stamp image onto surface of choice using Embossing Ink. Depending on surface color, sprinkle Black or Clear Embossing powder over image.
How do you seal perfect pearls?
Perfect Pearls Pigments
- Supplies Needed:
- Step 1: Apply Perfect Medium to a rubber stamp, then stamp on paper. Dark colored paper or silhouette paper works best with this technique but is not always necessary.
- Step 2: Apply Perfect Pearls.
- Step 3: Remove excess pigment.
- Step 4: Spray with Fixative to set.
Are perfect pearls Mica?
Perfect Pearls is mica powder (metallic dry pigment made from a non-toxic natural silicate mineral) in a small plastic screw top jar.
Can I use liquid pearls in resin?
Third Layer: I applied some gold peel offs and dots of Liquid Pearls. I let the liquid pearls dry completely and then covered everything with a final clear layer of Jewelry Resin.
What is mica powder?
Mica is a natural stone mineral with shiny flakes. When mica is ground into a powder, you get mica powder. Mica powders are therefore sparkly, sort of like very fine glitter. They’re used to give a metallic or shimmery pearl-like effect.
Can you use Pearl Ex in epoxy?
Because Pearl Ex is a dry pigment, you can add it to the resin to color it. Add more to supersaturate it or less to give it a marbled effect.