- 1 What are perfect pearls used for?
- 2 What is the difference between perfect pearls and pearl ex?
- 3 What is perfect pearls medium?
- 4 Can you use versamark with perfect pearls?
- 5 Are perfect pearls Mica?
- 6 How do you use pearl pigment powder?
- 7 Can I use liquid pearls in resin?
- 8 What is mica powder?
- 9 Can you stamp on resin?
- 10 What can you do with pigment powders?
What are perfect pearls used for?
Create dazzling pearlescent effects with Perfect Pearls ™ and Perfect Medium™. Specially developed with a built-in resin, Perfect Pearls ™ Pigments are easy to use wet or dry. Mix with watercolors, inks, acrylic paints, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel™, embossing powders, and other mediums for radiant results!
What is the difference between perfect pearls and pearl ex?
The difference is Perfect Pearls is made with a “binder” so that you can add water to make paint. You would need to add a binder to the Pearl Ex powders if you wanted to use them as paint. The difference is Perfect Pearls is made with a “binder” so that you can add water to make paint.
What is perfect pearls medium?
Perfect Medium is a specially formulated clear medium designed to use with dry Perfect Pearls powders. Perfect Medium is available in ink pads and pens. Perfect Pearls can also be used wet simply by mixing them with water and painting with a paint or water brush.
Can you use versamark with perfect pearls?
I covered olive cardstock with Versamark Ink and added Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls. I then lifted the pearls away by stamping the leaves with Versamark Ink. I love the shine and detail.
Are perfect pearls Mica?
Perfect Pearls is mica powder (metallic dry pigment made from a non-toxic natural silicate mineral) in a small plastic screw top jar.
How do you use pearl pigment powder?
Pearl Ex Pigments Instructions
- Mix Pearl EX with a clear embossing powder for rubber stamp embossing.
- Interference colors work best over dark surfaces.
- Mix 4 parts Pearl Ex to 1 part Gum Arabic and add water to desired consistency for a watercolor paint.
- Dust Pearl Ex Powders onto shrink plastic before shrinking.
Can I use liquid pearls in resin?
Third Layer: I applied some gold peel offs and dots of Liquid Pearls. I let the liquid pearls dry completely and then covered everything with a final clear layer of Jewelry Resin.
What is mica powder?
Mica is a natural stone mineral with shiny flakes. When mica is ground into a powder, you get mica powder. Mica powders are therefore sparkly, sort of like very fine glitter. They’re used to give a metallic or shimmery pearl-like effect.
Can you stamp on resin?
Yes, you can.
What can you do with pigment powders?
Dry pigment powder can be combined with binders from oils to gum arabic to create a variety of painting media, and you usually need just a small amount of pigment. Like paint, however, the quality of powders is wide-ranging, to suit projects from slime-making to painted masterpieces.